June 30th, 2009
It’s a wrap, but everything must continue to move forward with increased levels of urgency. In many situations, cash flow is tighter, pipelines have been impacted and sales cycles have grown longer. That’s the reality.
But as sales leaders and executives we need to take this week to reflect on the first half: What went better than expected? What things didn’t work? …
Actions that need to be taken this week:
- Hold a two-hour sales meeting with your entire team:
- Brainstorm on what needs to happened to have a successful 2009
- Each salesperson must report on their first half achievements and what personal commitments (sales, personal and professional) they are making for the second half
- Ask each of them how they will help the entire company to be successful.
- Next make sure your six-month marketing calendar is completed with the necessary levels of activities to generate pipeline values.
- Complete your next 90-day sales training plan.
Then write out your personal vision and commitment statement for the next six months. This paragraph should describe your objectives and goals, and add a personal sentence or two that describes what you will commit to from a leadership position.
Also …. reread all my past blogs for other ideas that will propel your sales organization.
One More Note: Something new is available in July to help you position your organization for growth — Acumen’s Leadership Summit, a gathering of executives and sales leaders. The Leadership Summit takes place July 14-15 at Davidson Village Inn in Davidson, North Carolina. For details, send me an e-mail or call 800-792-8346.
Ken Thoreson is managing director of the Acumen Management Group Ltd., a North American consulting organization focused on improving sales management functions within growing and transitional organizations internationally. Ken also motivates organizations with enlightening keynotes