January 31st, 2011
Sales Management: January is over; how do you feel?
On Friday I had my two year eye exam. The doctor went through the usual tests with eye charts, drops in the eyes and checks for cataracts/glaucoma-good news he said I passed and was ok for another 5,000 miles. On the way back to my office I was thinking about you.
Remember in my blog on Sales Management Time Management I mentioned there are only 10.5 months to achieve your yearly quota? And one of them is over… It’s time for your check up now.
Answer each question below: Yes= 3 points No= -1 point
- Did your team exceed quota for the month?
- Do you have enough potential revenue in your pipeline to exceed March’s quota?
- Did you hold at least two hours of sales training during January?
- Do you know both the personal and professional goals for each of your salespeople?
- Do you currently have an active recruiting and hiring plan in place?
- On your dashboard, are you tracking two leading indicators?
- Did you have one activity to build belief or increase your sales culture?
- Did you improve the quality of your sales team in using your CRM system?
- Is your sales team having fun?
- During the past month did you take time for yourself to refresh your spirit?
Total Score: ___________
Scores: 30-22 Nice Job!
21-15 Make sure you address those areas’s you fell short
Less than 15 Lots to focus on, determine your priority actions
While that was a quick assessment and only somewhat scientific in scoring, my goal was too simply to focus on your sense of urgency and increase your awareness of everything that needs to be worked on as a sales leader. If you have not received my Top 40 Sales Management Actions for Building Predictable Revenue white paper, send me an email: Ken@AcumenMgmt.com
Our new book: Leading High Performance Sales Teams will be available the first week of February. You can find it and my book: Your Sales Management Guru’s Guide to Hiring High Performance Sales Teams at http://www.yoursalesmanagementguru.salesgravy.com
Acumen Management Group Ltd. “operationalizes” sales management systems and processes that pull revenue out of the doldrums into the fresh zone. During the past 12 years, our consulting, advisory, and platform services have illuminated, motivated, and rejuvenated the sales efforts for partners throughout North America. Move up and move ahead!