December 5th, 2011
Make 2012 Your Best Year EVER!
Is the market going to be better for your products/services in 2012? Or will your sales team face another tough year to achieve their sales objectives? Recently I have been writing/talking about an issue facing everyone-your salespeople, your management team and your customers/prospects=sales fatigue. After three challenging years and now that we are about to enter 2012, all the sales numbers go back to zero and with confusion in the market, most everyone I have interacted with seems both physically and mentally tired.
Last week I was speaking to a group of sales leaders in New York, as we discussed this topic, the question was asked regarding what as sales leaders can we do to counteract this condition. I suggested the following idea’s (you can find more detail in past blogs on these topics).
- Build belief in your company & products/services: invite a happy customer to a sales meeting and let them tell your team how great your company and products are and what they have done for their company.
- Make a change: repackage your products/services, alter pricing, even move the desks in your sales offices. Another idea, create a new company sales presentation that changes your messaging. Any short term change will alter the chemistry and make something new and fresh.
- Focus on increased levels of training: build a sales training plan for the first 90 days that includes sales skills, product/services knowledge, CRM, etc. Next, build an individual salesperson development plan where twice each year, hold a formal salesperson career development discussion and mutually, you and a salesperson, create an individual plan to increase their professionalism. In our “Interactive Sales Manager Tool Kit” we include a Salesperson Development Tool. If you would like a free Salesperson Development Tool, send me an email request. Ken@AcumenMgmt.com
There is always a lot to do but planning this week for 2012 results will greatly move you ahead of your competition and prepare you for making 2012-Your Best Year Ever!
Here’s another tip: December 15th, 2011: Make 2012 Your Best Year Ever: 50 Business Tips in 50 Minutes
Join a panel industry experts for a fast paced webinar where you will learn 50 great ideas on the following topics:
• How to build a high performance sales team
• How to create long term profitable client relationships
• How to leverage the power of social media networks
• How to align your entire organizations sales and marketing initiatives with your customers’ needs
• How to set focus your business on success and profit
Ken Thoreson “operationalizes” sales management systems and processes that pull revenue out of the doldrums into the fresh zone. During the past 13 years, our consulting, advisory, and platform services have illuminated, motivated, and rejuvenated the sales efforts for partners throughout North America.
Ken provides Keynotes, consulting services and products designed to improve business performance.