October 1st, 2013
Quick Idea’s to Hit 4th Quarter Goals
Let’s make this interactive, I will start the list and then it is your job to add to it, let’s all work together to increase each other’s success during the last few months of 2013! These ideas can be designed for sales leaders or individual sales performers.
1) Make a visual list of the top largest sales opportunities (white board) and strategize on the best tactics to close each one. A few large win’s goes a long way to exceeding your goals.
2) Schedule twice weekly formal sales strategy discussions, if you have a larger team, assign salespeople into teams of 2 or 3 to increase strategy options. Increase your tempo.
3) Use a formal check list on all qualifier questions you use, to ensure there are no surprises. If you want my “Magic List” of questions, send me an email: Ken@AcumenMgmt.com
4) Hold a sales training session on Negotiating in October!
5) Increase your relationship contacts; make sure your Executives are involved in a prospect meeting, lunch, breakfast or phone call with your prospects Executives.
6) Use your customer base for site visits, referrals or even arrange a conference call with your prospects.
7) Rehearse key presentations. Just last evening at 8pm, I was assisting a client with a PPT program for today’s key demonstration meeting. Make sure the message is correct and your team is ready.
8) Anticipate your competition and think through how you will set them up and move forward.
9) Execute Brilliantly. This is a theme I have used often, but it works, make sure your sales team has thought through the sales cycle on each opportunity, each day-get your team to think two moves in advance-just like chess. “What can I do to get an order today?” create a poster to keep the focus.
10) Don’t forget to prospect, market because January 1st, 2014 will come up quickly.
Ok, my list is done, what are your idea’s to help everyone win!
Acumen Management Group Ltd. “operationalizes” sales management systems and processes that pull revenue out of the doldrums into the fresh zone. During the past 12 years, our consulting, advisory, and platform services have illuminated, motivated, and rejuvenated the sales efforts for partners throughout North America. His latest book is titled: “Leading High Performance Sales Teams”.